Facts on human body
Here are some interesting facts about the human body:
- The average adult body contains about 70 trillion cells.
- The human brain contains about 100 billion neurons.
- The heart beats about 100,000 times a day.
- The lungs breathe in about 12,000 liters of air each day.
- The stomach can hold about 1 liter of food.
- The kidneys filter about 125 milliliters of blood per minute.
- The skin is the largest organ in the body.
- The hair on the human head grows about 1.2 centimeters per month.
- The fingernails grow about 3 millimeters per month.
- The toenails grow about 1 millimeter per month.
- The human body contains about 96% water.
- The human body temperature is about 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit (37 degrees Celsius).
- The human body can withstand temperatures up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit (49 degrees Celsius) for short periods of time.
- The human body can survive in temperatures as low as 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 degrees Celsius) for short periods of time.
- The human body can go without food for about 3 weeks.
- The human body can go without water for about 3 days.
I hope you find these facts are interesting!